you know the type.
you know the type.
GNU John Dearheart
Run like your life depends on it. Because it does.
because it is the bane of my existence to see artists who don’t even TRY to get bird anatomy right, when they’ll gladly put forth the effort to learn mammalian anatomy
BIRDS ARE SO EASY TO DRAW
THERE ARE NOT MANY MOVING PARTS ON THEIR FACE
NOT LIKE US SQUISHY MAMMALS
still debating if I should make my own HOW TO DRAW WINGZ ref or just link to some good ones I’ve seen, since there are a plethora of both good and god-awful tutorials out there for wings already. I’ll probs make my own because other guides neglect to mention that GASP DIFFERENT BIRDS HAVE DIFFERENT SHAPED WINGS BECAUSE THEY FLY DIFFERENTLY
THIS IS AWESOME BUT JUST ONE NOTE
Almost all birds are capable of moving their upper beak, aka prokinesis, it’s just that parrots have the most obvious degree of it. prokinesis is the movement of the beak at the point at which it is hinged to the skull of the bird.
There’s like a million different types of kinesis to do with the beak/rhamphotheca/whatever but yeah, parrots aren’t the only ones :D
I can’t find any good pictures to demonstrate but yeah, it’s present in almost all birds. Loons and ducks are good birds to look at c:
I was looking for this! I will reblog it this time so i don’t have to try and track it down again.
I don’t know.
Geek Studio’s Nintendo Giveaway!
OVER $250 WORTH OF PRIZES!
- 16GB USB 3.0 Pokemon Emerald GBA Flashdrive from Geek Studio
- Red Mushroom Keychain from Geek Studio
- Set of Kanto Gym Badges from Geek Studio
- It’s-A Me! Necklace from Geek Studio
- Majora Necklace from Geek Studio
- Triforce Jelly Bracelet from Geek Studio
- Gamer Geek Jelly Bracelet from Geek Studio
- Question Mark Tin with Coin Candies
- Super Nintendo Controller Tin with Mints
- Hyrulian Summer Candle from Fictitious Fragrances
- Green Hyrule Crest Necklace from Subtle Nerd
- Custom Pokemon Cross Stitch Keyring from TheBroship
- Kirby Pocket Mirror from Geek Studio
- Pikachu 2.25” Badge from Geek Studio
- Kirby’s Epic Yarn for Wii
- Kirby Mass Attack for NDS
PLUS your choice of ONE (1) game from this list:
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Wii
- Super Mario 3D World - Wii U
- Super Mario 3D Land - 3DS
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 3DS
- Pokemon Black OR White - NDS
- Pokemon Black 2 OR White 2 - NDS
- Pokemon X OR Y - 3DS
- Pikmin 3 - Wii U
- Kirby Dream Collection - Wii
- Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Wii U
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - 3DS
- Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds - 3DS
- Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Wii
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Wii
- Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass - NDS
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Wii
- Animal Crossing - 3DS
- Yoshi’s New Island - 3DS
- You must be following Geek Studio.
- Each reblog is an entry so you can reblog as many times as you want. Don’t spam though. That’s mean to your followers :)
- No giveaway only blogs!
- Worldwide shipping so everyone can enter.
- The winner will be announced within a half hour after ending. The winner will be posted publicly AND sent an ask so make sure your box is open!
The giveaway ends on May 16th, 2014 @ 9pm EST
Read that bringing a new puppy into the house would liven up our older dog
said every fandom ever
i was watching the first avenger and wondering how Bucky knew Steve was getting his ass kicked in the back of some random alley behind a movie theatre
like does he just check alleyways whenever he’s walking down a street to see if Steve’s started another fight he can’t finish
the answer is probably yes